Please wait. The content is loading..
Cataract surgery abroad - Prague, the Czech Republic
Cataract surgery or cataract removal is a standard procedure performed by qualified and experienced eye surgeons at the top eye clinic in Prague. A cloudy lens is painlessly crushed with ultrasound and drained. The eye surgeon implants a new artificial AcrySof yellow lens. The surgery is performed in local anesthesia and takes about 10 minutes per eye.
The whole stay for both eyes operated can be reduced to 5 days. No waiting list, simple booking steps and available surgery dates from two weeks onwards.
Contact us for more information or free consultation.
- Doc LUBOMIR TOVAREK
- Eye surgeon
- 15 years of experience in Eye surgery
- More than 20.000 eyes operated since 1996
- Special award from the Czech Society of Refractive and Cataract surgery for large quantity of successful Cataract surgeries
- Member of the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons ,the Czech Society of Ophthalmology, the Czech Medical Chamber and the Czech Society of Refractive and Cataract Surgery (CSRKCH)
- more about eye specialist
Get A Quote
- Testimonial - Ilya - RLE Lens Exchange
From landing to take off, everything went exactly as planned. Monika and her team made sure that I was in competent hands for the entire duration of my staying in Prague. Continue reading..
- Testimonial - Reg Holding - Lens Replacement & Dental
My experience was really excellent throughout in terms of initial assessment, overall communication and the treatment itself. We were collected from the airport and looked after very well at every stage thereafter. Continue reading..
for more testimonials & news please click here.
More about Cataract Surgery
Symptoms of cataract
Cataract means reduced transparency (opacity) and hardening of the eye lens that is normally clear. Most often we experience cataract after 60 years of age. Among the risk factors for cataract occurrence are mainly age, general diseases, diabetes, using some medicines on a long-term basis, smoking and eye injury.
Description of cataract surgery
A cloudy lens is painlessly crushed with ultrasound and drained. The eye surgeon implants a new artificial AcrySof yellow lens instead of it. The surgery is performed with up to 2.2 mm microincision.
Duration of cataract surgery
The surgery takes place in an ambulatory setting. It takes about 10 minutes. The patient can leave the clinic immediately after the surgery. Next day is post-operative check up.
Laser-assisted femto-cataract - most modern technology now available
Cataract surgery can now be performed by the latest technology - a brand new LenSx femtosecond laser. No sharp instruments, precise laser, quicker healing, correction of astigmatism and more comfort during the surgery. Please find more information by clicking here.
Your surgery in Prague can be performed with the following lens:
- Monofocal Acrysof lens
- Multifocal AcrySof IQ Restor IOL
- Monofocal AcrySof IQ Toric IOL
- AcrySof IQ Restor Multifocal Toric IOL
Prices & Costs
Price: 800 EUR
The price per eye for the surgery in Prague includes:
- intraocular non-laser eye surgery performed by a highly qualified surgeon
- all medication required for the surgery and postoperative care
- all postoperative examinations for up to 1 year after the surgery
- Acrysof monofocal yellow lens, Alcon protective gel and 2.2 mm microincision system in the basic price and without extra charges
The price per eye does not include:
- Pre-operative eye examination
- General Health Examination - when done in Prague
- Accommodation, transfers and our other services are optional and charged separately
Cataract Surgery also stands for cataract removal or cloudy lens surgery.